2011-06-01

Good food in Sydney

So during my trip to Tokyo my Japanese colleagues had tried to lure me to join the Tokyo office instead of Sydney with the reasoning that the food is great in Tokyo (yes that's true) while the food in Australia is awful. I am happy to report that after trying out various food I had in Sydney I must say they are good! Below are just two examples.


The picture on the left is the "Hot and Cold Platter for 2" at the Nick's Seafood Restaurant at Cockle Bay Wharf. There's a LOT of food for 2 -- cold oyster, mussel, salmon, prawn, and crab; and fried fish, prawn, calamari, and chips. I feel the seafood tastes noticeably sweeter and better than what I get in Taipei, likely because they are fresh and from cleaner sea.



The pictures on the right is the seared scallops entree and chargrilled beef fillet mains at the Sugaroom restaurant. Again they are both very nice. And the prawn stuffed zucchini flower in the mains is especially unique and good.

Thanks much to my new manager for taking us to these great treats! =D~

No comments: